One of the most widely used Operating system is windows 10 and indeed one of the best operating systems available today. Which is being used by most businesses and homes world wild. in 2015 Windows 10 was first released, with several updates implemented to make the OS user experience worth it and increased in performance security. While updating this software is usually a smooth experience there are instances when certain issues can occur such as when you are unable to login during startup. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Windows 10 username or password is incorrect issue.
Username Or Password Is Incorrect Error On Windows 10 Startup
Have you tried logging on your computer and it returns back wrong username and password error? Most times this happens after and update has been done. Don’t panic, several users have also been complaining about this same issue. To solve this problem, you should follow the following steps below.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Turn Off Automatic Logon
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type netplwiz, and click OK.
This will open the User Accounts window.
- Check the box next to “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” and click OK.
This will ensure that you will need to enter the username and password manually. The next time you start Windows 10, it will take you directly to the normal sign-in screen.
Disable Autologin After Windows 10 Update
The newer Windows 10 builds allow you to sign-in automatically to your account after an update is installed and the computer is restarted. This is a feature which you need to turn off so that this issue will not occur.
- Click on the Start button. This is located on the lower left side of the screen.
- Click on Settings. This is shaped like a gear.
- Click on Accounts. This will open your info page.
- Select the Sign-in options tab. This is located on the left pane.
- Turn off the option “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart”. This is located on the Privacy section on the right pane.